Dedicated and Skilled Personal Injury Representation in McHenry County for over 75 Years
Being unexpectedly injured in an accident can leave you feeling overwhelmed and stressed out, on top of trying to recuperate from the physical injuries you sustained. As the victim, you may also be wondering how your bills will be paid and what you need to do to pursue a claim for damages. This is where the services of a McHenry County personal injury attorney become important. The sooner you retain a skilled attorney, the sooner you can start focusing on your physical and emotional recovery.
At Brassfield, Krueger & Ramlow, Ltd., our team of personal injury attorneys has been helping McHenry County clients for nearly eight decades. We are here to take the stress out of your case so you can concentrate on healing and getting your life back on track, without the added worry of financial ruin.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Many people wrongfully assume that personal injury lawyers only deal with car accident cases. The truth is, personal injury encompasses a wide range of scenarios and accidents. If you were injured in some type of incident caused by someone else’s negligence, it is most likely a personal injury case that we could handle. Some of the cases we typically handle include:
- Dog Bites: Illinois law holds dog owners responsible if their animal is overly aggressive and bites someone (without provocation), causing injury.
- Medical Malpractice: When a medical provider or facility makes an egregious mistake, like leaving a surgical instrument inside your body or operating on the wrong body part, it can be cause for a medical malpractice case. Medical malpractice can also include birth injury claims as well.
- Premises Liability: Claims that fall under the heading of premises liability can include slip and fall accidents, negligent security claims, swimming pool accidents, and other situations involving a failure to keep a safe environment for invitees to your property.
- Vehicle/Motorcycle/Truck Collisions: Traffic collisions obviously play a big role in personal injury claims. In addition to collisions involving personal vehicles, we handle claims involving large commercial trucks as well as motorcycle claims. An accident involving a large truck often involves serious injuries due to its heavyweight, while motorcycle riders also typically sustain severe injuries in an accident as there is little to protect them against the impact.
- Workers’ Compensation: If you need assistance filing for workers’ compensation benefits, a personal injury attorney can help you so you can start receiving immediate benefits.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims: Illinois law mandates that drivers carry a minimum of $20,000 per person or $40,000 per collision in bodily injury coverage. This means that if your injuries are severe, the other party may not have enough coverage, or in some cases, may not be insured at all.
Contact a McHenry County Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one were injured due to someone’s negligence, it is important to speak with a McHenry County personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Contact Brassfield, Krueger & Ramlow, Ltd. today to schedule an initial consultation.