We are open for
a consultation

Call us for Free Consultation

We Help With Your Accident or

Motorcycle Accident FAQ case

Motorcycle Accident FAQ

Important Motorcycle Accident Legal Information for Illinois Residents

Knowledgeable attorneys answer your FAQs

Auto accidents involving a motorcycle are some of the most devastating. If you have been involved in one, you are probably feeling overwhelmed and confused. At Brassfield, Krueger & Ramlow, Ltd., we are prepared to help you through the legal process following a motorcycle accident. We believe that the more you know about the law, the better chance you have at filing a successful claim. To learn more about motorcycle accidents in Illinois, see the answers to some of your most frequently asked questions:

Our attorneys have the knowledge and skill to get you the compensation you deserve following a motorcycle accident.

Call our reliable Rockford motorcycle accident attorneys today

Brassfield, Krueger & Ramlow, Ltd. is prepared to answers any questions about motorcycle accidents you may have. Call us today at 815.398.9700 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our experienced lawyers. For your convenience, we have offices located in Rockford and Streator.

What should I do if I am involved in motorcycle accident?

The first thing you should do after any kind of accident is seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you need to, it is important to establish whether you are injured. Your next step is to talk to an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you determine fault and seek compensation from the appropriate parties.

Back to top

Do I have to tell the police if I am involved in a motorcycle accident?

If your motorcycle accident involves serious damage, injury or death, you must tell the police. It is also a good idea to call law enforcement if you want to pursue compensation from another party. The police report could support and benefit your claim.

Back to top

Do I have to wear a helmet according to Illinois law?

Illinois is one of only three states that do not have any helmet laws. Despite this fact, it is advisable to always wear a helmet when operating a motorcycle. If you do get into an accident, the helmet could save your life and prevent serious brain injury.

Back to top

What does “comparative negligence” mean when determining who is liable for a traffic accident?

The Illinois standard of comparative negligence means that more than one party could be found at fault. If you are pursuing a claim, your possible compensation will be measured based on your contribution to the cause of the accident. For example, if you are found to be 10 percent at fault, your potential damage reward will be lowered by 10 percent. You may only recover damages if you are less than 50 percent at fault.

Back to top

If I get into a motorcycle accident, should I hire a lawyer to help me?

Yes. With the help of an experienced attorney, you can determine who was at fault for your accident and if you should file a claim. Because of their knowledge of the law, your lawyer will be able to defend your right to compensation. The attorneys at our firm are prepared to help you through the legal process after your motorcycle accident.

Back to top

Send A Message

Call our Rockford attorneys today for help with your accident or personal injury case

At Brassfield, Krueger & Ramlow, Ltd., whether you need us to file for medical malpractice or seek recovery for your motorcycle accident injuries, we’re committed to helping you achieve justice. We offer a straightforward evaluation of your case and quickly respond to any pressing inquiries. Call 815.398.9700 or contact us online for your free consultation. For your convenience, we have offices in Rockford and Streator.
Call Now Button