Ottawa Injury Attorney
Here at the Ottawa law offices of Brassfield, Krueger & Ramlow, Ltd., we assist clients who have been injured by another party in recovering compensation for their losses. These damages include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages and earning capacity, childcare expenses, loss of joy of life, and much more.
We help clients who have been injured in the following ways:
- Wrongful Death: Whenever a life is taken by another party through negligence, the at-fault party must be held financially accountable to the fullest extent possible.
- Medical Malpractice: Injuries and illnesses caused, or prolonged, in hospitals are staggering in number. Health practitioners and institutions can be sued to recover medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages, and much more.
- Premises Liability: All property owners are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe environment for all invitees. When an injury occurs due to a slip and fall, for example, the property or business owner can be held liable.
- Auto Collisions: We like to think that driving is safe, but there is nothing safe at all about our transportation system, or driving in general. World traffic fatalities outnumber all deaths caused by war and violence, according to the World Health Organization. Here in Illinois, over 1,000 people die in traffic collisions annually, according to the Illinois Department of Transportation, and tens of thousands more are injured in crashes.
- Truck Collisions: Collisions involving large vehicles, such as semi-trailers, often result in serious, traumatic injuries for passenger vehicle occupants, cyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians.
- Motorcycle Collisions: As a motorcyclist, you give 100% of your focus to the road in front of you and to the vehicles surrounding you. Sadly, this is not true for most car, truck, SUV, and van drivers.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Drivers: Many drivers do not carry any insurance, or carry the most minimal policy. In these cases, you can pursue compensation from your own insurance carrier through an uninsured or underinsured driver policy.
- Workers’ Compensation: Injuries and illnesses caused at work should be covered under your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. This pays for your medical costs and partial wage replacement. You may also be able to sue for additional damages if your employer acted egregiously or intentionally to cause your injuries.
- Dog Attacks: Dog owners in Illinois are liable for the medical costs, lost wages, scarring, pain and suffering, and other damages caused when their dogs attack another person.
Contact an Ottawa Personal Injury Attorney Today
Were you hit by a car or truck? Are the injuries you have sustained the responsibility of a negligent dog owner or business owner? You have the right to financial compensation, which an Ottawa personal injury attorney can help you recover. To get started with a free consultation, contact the law offices of Brassfield, Krueger & Ramlow, Ltd. today.